Hudadak - Chik's Crib

10 December 2014

Hudadak

One restaurant that I never get tired of is Hudadak. Ever since a friend brought me there, I bit into the Soy and Garlic Fried Chicken ($30) and I was hooked. Being 10 minutes away from my place is a bonus, and one that I gladly take advantage of.
Soy and Garlic Korean Fried Chicken from Hudadak. 
One time , I made plans with a friend to eat at Hudadak. Being slightly early, the restaurant was closed, so we waited for 15 minutes outside the restaurant. (If only I show the same dedication to my studies...) After a long wait (to me), Hudadak opened its doors. I was told it'll take another 45 minutes to prepare the chicken. So I did the only rational thing: I chose another main, and ordered their full basket of fried chicken to go. The lady owner was surprised, and perhaps slightly pleased, and gave me two cans of aloe vera juice on the house. Who says dedication (and fanatism!) doesn't pay off?


Beef Ribs from Hudadak. I think? I don't know. I'm usually a better customer than blogger. [UPDATE: It's Beef Ribs]


The substitute dish that I chose was the Beef Ribs, which was well-marinated, though the meat was tougher than I would have liked. My friend had their Beef Bulgogi, which was well-seasoned and was more tender. Their portions are smaller than other Korean restaurants, so it does weigh against them. 

In my multiple trips over the last two years, I tried many of their other dishes, but none were as good as the Soy and Garlic Chicken. 
A mixed basket of Soy and Garlic Fried chicken and Spicy Chicken.
I wasn't expecting their spicy version of fried chicken to have a gooey and sticky sauce with a strong tomato aftertaste, for example. 
Pork Rib with Potato Soup

Their Pork Rib with Potato Soup comes in a large pot, but it wasn't particularly flavourful or filling.

The verdict: Their Soy and Garlic Fried Chicken has a special place in my heart, though the other dishes are not particularly outstanding. 

Must-Try:
Soy and Garlic Fried Chicken 

Update:
What happened over the 2015 holidays? I didn't want to believe it when J told me Hudadak's fried chicken was no longer what it once was, but on a recent trip with my friend, it was indeed a far cry from before. 

Hudadak on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. I see the fried chicken now hahahaha! You need to do sea salt next : D @calvinchengwei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS too bad we didn't have time to visit:/

      Delete
    2. Yeah )): it's okay I'm going to Bourke street bakery :D You have to bring the passion fruit chocolate cake and famous pies back for me though omgggggg!!!

      Delete
    3. YESSS I cant believe we missed that... hahaha we should have ran up the hill to le petit gateau man:)

      Delete
    4. yes yes before they sold out hahahah! : D

      Delete