Song Fa Bak Kut Teh 松發肉骨茶 (Chinatown Point) - Chik's Crib

11 March 2016

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh 松發肉骨茶 (Chinatown Point)

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh is one of the most established Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Broth) stores in Singapore. I used to patronise their store in Clarke Quay, back when I balance their bowls on the rickety tables and drink copious amounts of their steaming spice-laden broth beside the road in the sweltering Singaporean heat. Drinking hot soup like this isn't very pleasant, but it's a small price to pay to sooth my Bak Kut Teh itch. (Refills are free!).  

But no one was as glad as I am to see that Song Fa opened a branch in Chinatown Point mall, where I can slurp down all the soup I want in the comfort of air-conditioning. 





The spices in the broth is balanced well: not overly peppery or spicy. The meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, and is especially delicious when dipped in dark soya sauce and chilli.  We also had an order of Salted Vegetables, which Miss XS loved. I like Bak Kut Teh with Deep-Fried You Tiao, but the ones here were a little too soft. I wished the you tiao had spent a few moments under a toaster beforehand. 
Delicious food, quick and prompt service, and air-conditioning to boot. What are you waiting for? Beware the lunch-hour crowd from the nearby office buildings. 
The Pork Belly toes the line between inoffensive and unimpressive. Give it a miss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment