Ya Kun - Chik's Crib

26 April 2016

Ya Kun


I'm not sure how many people have seen the belly button test: reach for your navel across your back. the closer your hand gets to your navel, the trimmer you are. Well, I was having lunch at NUH's Ya Kun with Miss XS when I came across this meme, and we both dropped everything and gave it a go. I tried my best, but I gave up when the table beside ours started shooting us strange looks. I don't think they were fooled when I pretended to be stretching my arms. 


We went back to our Kaya Butter Toast Set: I don't think the slabs of butter inside the two wafer-thin crunchy pieces of toast would make the belly-button test easier for us the next time around, but there's something comforting about the toast that Ya Kun serves. The soft-boiled eggs are always perfect in consistency, and the coffee is always excellent. Beware the iced coffee though, because it gets diluted, and fast.

Recently, they have finally added something to their menu: Kaya Butter Steamed Bread Set. Doesn't sound appealing, but Miss XS assured me it's delicious. There's something about the process of steaming the bread that makes it some of the softest bread I have had. 

Not your average stale white bread
There are many branches of Ya Kun, but the one with the nicest  atmosphere is at Chinatown. The full list of branches can be found here at their site.





No comments:

Post a Comment